The Connect Federation of Schools
Connect Federation is a formal partnership of two large Local Authority Maintained primary schools:
Clyst Heath Nursery and Community Primary School, Royal Crescent, Exeter, EX2 7QT
Countess Wear Community School, Glasshouse Lane, Exeter, EX2
The schools are geographically close and share a Governing Body who are responsible for setting the strategic direction of the school. The Governing Body work closely with the Executive Headteacher to ensure that they have an have an oversight of all Federation Policies and are proactive in their implementation and impact across both schools. This includes the management of all finances.
At Connect Federation, we are one organisation but serve two communities on two separate school sites. The Executive Headteacher oversees qualities and standards in all areas, for both schools, with support from the Business Hub.
Each school has a designated Head of School role who manage the day -to -day operation. They work in partnership with all staff, implementing the Federation policies and working to achieve the agree vison and strategic aims.
The Heads and staff from both schools share training, equipment and resources as well as take the opportunity to work collaboratively to ensure the highest quality teaching and learning is delivered for all children across the Federation.
We are working to build a common curriculum across both schools. Our shared values mean that we are able to focus on the building of resilience and social skills in order that we can encourage children to aspire for their futures. The Partnership between parents and the school is central to the success of this.
We aim to minimise and remove barriers in learning so that each child is able to make sustained and appropriate progress.
Our vision for the Connect Federation
- Improve outcomes and raise standards for all pupils across both schools
- Provide high quality inclusive environments for rich learning to take place
- Develop teaching and learning through collaboration and trust, share expertise and participate in high quality professional development
- Secure excellent leadership capacity and succession through professional support and challenge
- Provide opportunities to enrich the lives of all children in our communities
We will achieve this by:
- Collaborating to moderate standards and assessment judgements
- Delivering high quality training through utilising shared funding
- Sharing resources, policies and ideas
- Engaging in School to School support, sharing best practice and expertise
- Participating in curriculum and learning events for children across the range
- Building strong relationships between staff at all stages of their career
- Being outward looking and collaborate with other partners beyond the Federation